Thursday 18 June 2020

My looks for royal ascot

These are the looks I would have picked for each day if the public could attend. When picking outfits for Royal Ascot please check their website for dress code as outfits I would have worn wasn't allowed due to the strict rules. I'm a huge fan of two pieces/co-ords but midriff isn't permitted. Other dress code rules are no narrow straps or off the shoulders including Bardot tops.

I'm a big believer of wear what you want and what feels comfortable so this is what I would have worn. I kept my nails rather neutral so they would go with anything that I would have worn but again this is up to the individual like with makeup too. I would have my makeup subtle with big lashes and a nice lipstick that works with my skin tone.

First day outfit 
My first-day outfit is a predominantly black jumpsuit with a pop of colour down the front. I paired this with a pair of black heels, a matching hat and bag. I'm a big fan of wearing black clothes I think it really suits my skin tone but by having the dash of red it makes it a bit different. I would wear this with gold accessories. I went for gold hoops which in my opinion make any outfit and a simple gold
necklace as the front was rather lowcut.

Second day outfit 
My second-day outfit is A little black dress with white detailing. You can't go wrong with a monochrome moment. I wore this with silver accessories, including a clutch and shoes. I would always wear heels but this is up to the individual. To me, heels brings an extra touch of class where flats wouldn't. Again a hat is necessary. Due to the top of this dress, I don't think a necklace is needed but I would have long-ish dangly earrings.

Ladies day outfit 
My third-day outfit is: Ladies day means all the best outfits will be out, the most extravagant hats and dresses for the best-dressed competition will be seen. This dress is more floaty and airy. The burgundy colour is one of my favourites and slightly unusual. This again gives a change of silhouette throughout the week, giving some variation to the looks that you have. This I would wear gold accessories with a hat to match shoes. this time I went for a strappy heeled sandal type shoe. I would pick simple stud earrings and a delicate necklace.

Fourth day outfit 
My penultimate day outfit is a simple blue dress which flatters my skin tone. The top has a slight decoration with some delicate lace. This would be worn with gold accessories including the strappy sandals and a gold clutch. However, this could be worn with various coloured shoes, bags and hats including cream, black, blue and silver. The choice is up to the individual. I think the silhouette of this dress is classy and suits most people.

Final day outfit 
My final day outfit is A emerald green ruched dress, I love this dress I think it suits my figure. I paired this with gold jewellery and black shoes but again a variety of colours would work. The black lace-up shoes matched with the little black handbag. Ruched dresses are very popular at the moment as they flatter all figures and are very diverse.

The next blog will be coming soon keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lincoln Meeting

 As the start of the flat season looms ahead, we have a look into the history of the Lincoln meeting.  The meeting initially started at Linc...